lunes, 30 de abril de 2018

GROUP MEMBERS' DESCRIPTION




Hi! My name is Rebeca and I am 22 years old. It could be said that languages are my hobby and this is why I have made many attempts to learn some of them. In high school I studied French and at university I had my first contact with Italian but if there is a language I am passionate about that is English. I have studied that language since I was three but during my childhood I didn't get good marks in this subject. I strongly believe that it was because my English teachers didn't know how to motivate me. 

As my English results weren't good enough I decided to enrol in a language school when I was in 5th of Primary. There I found many teachers who were passionate about teaching English and it was then when I decided that I wanted to be like them. 
Time went by and bearing all this in mind I ended up studying English Studies. Regarding my working experience I have been giving private lessons for five years and that I am currently working in a language school. Now I have been given the chance to be like my language school teachers and transmit my passion for English to my students and there is nothing more comforting than that.



This is Aitana Gómez, I am a group member of this blog. I am currently studying a Master in Secondary Education Teaching at Universitat de València, before reaching this stage, I studied English Studies at Universitat de València as well. According to Universitat de València, I have a C2 level, however I just have a certificate B1 level from Cambridge University. This year I would like to have a C1 level from EOI, since I would like to travel or live abroad for a short period to secure I can take a C2 exam from Cambridge University. 

In any case, I am really interested in English culture and the language itself and I would like to transmit it to my students in a future. I think I got that love for language because I had been attending a school of language since I was five years old and we were using didactic activities, not just to learn the language but to learn about English speaking countries and culture. This is the reason why I would like to use new methodologies in Secondary Education, because I think that most of the students do not feel willing to learn English because they feel that it is a repetitive lesson based on drills and non-meaningful activities, however, I consider that if they feel engaged in activities or projects, they will learn a lot and they will feel motivated to continue learning themselves. 



My name is Júlia Bosch and I am 22 years old. Currently, I am doing the Master in Secondary Education since I would like to become an English teacher.

To be honest, I have to say that my teaching vocation developed rather late. Actually, it was 3 years ago when I started giving private lessons when I realised that I enjoyed teaching English. However, I have always been passionate about the language itself since I was a little girl. My father would listen to bands such as The Beatles or singers like Bob Dylan and I remember myself constantly singing their songs. Nevertheless, I felt disappointed because I didn’t know what they were about. I was so into them that I wished to know every single word that appeared on them and I ended up deciding that, one day, I would be able to both sing them and understand them. That is where my love and interest for English really comes from.

Since then, I have always attended English courses and academies apart from school or high-school. Thanks to it, I realised that I didn’t only like it but I also had a certain ability for it which made me enjoy it even more. However, that has not happened with other languages which I have tried to learn such as German. In fact, I ended up quitting since I couldn’t find the way to enjoy it.

Due to all this, I think that what makes you really become engaged in learning a language in a successful way is finding a good reason to do so. That is why, as a teacher, I wish to work in order to give my students the motivation they need to learn English. In my case, I believe I was lucky to find it by myself but there are people who may need someone who helps them discover it and that is the kind of teacher I would like to become. 



Hi! I’m Carolina and I am also a member of this fantastic group. Right now, I am 22 years old and I’m studying a Master in Secondary Education Teaching at Universitat de València. Moreover, I’m doing my internship as an English teacher in a secondary school. 

But, where does my interest in English teaching come from? Well, the fact that my mum is an English teacher has absolutely influenced me. Since I was a little girl, my mum always made me watch cartoons in English and she bought me many books in that language. However, I have to admit that, at that time, I did not like it as I was not able to understand why I had to watch TV or read in a language that nobody around me used. Furthermore, she has always enrolled me in English courses as well as English summer camps here in Spain and in England. Not to mention the fact that my mum was also my English teacher at primary school, so it seems that her efforts were not fruitless.

Thus, all these aroused my interest not only in English language and culture but also in teaching that language. For that reason, I decided to become an English teacher as I think that teaching is one of the most wonderful and rewarding professions in that world. In words of Robert A. Heinlein, “when one teaches, two learn”, that is, students are not the only ones who learn in a classroom but also teachers learn from their students. 



Hey guys! I’m Alba Palacios and I’m 22 years old. Last year I graduated in English Studies and now I’m studying the Master in Secondary Education in Valencia in order to become an English teacher.

I’ve always had a passion for languages. I love travelling and being able to communicate with people all over the world. One of the things I like the most about English is that it makes this possible since it opens up your world to new people and new cultures. Besides, I have to say I just love English culture. I did my Erasmus in London and apart from travelling all around the United Kingdom I met some incredible people which are now my friends. I feel like England will always be my second home.

It is commonly said that if you want to become a teacher it must be vocational, however, at first I was passionate about translation and I wanted to become a translator or an interpreter but this was until I experienced what teaching actually is. I started private tutoring and I loved it because when I finished classes I was usually happier than I was before. Right now I continue private tutoring children and I’m also working in a high school in Valencia giving extracurricular English classes. This is the main reason why I’m currently studying this master, to be able to earn a spot as an English teacher in a good school!



Hello everyone! I am Mar and I am 22 years old. Like all my friends, I am currently studying the Master in Secondary Education to become an English teacher. Since I was very little, my favourite subjects at school were those related to language, although my first thoughts about what I wanted to become had nothing to do with teaching. When I started high school I took up French apart from English, Catalan and Spanish, which were compulsory subjects. 

My experience with English has been very enriching since the very beginning. I have never gone to a languages school (except for the last year of my degree), as all the contents that were taught in class came easily to me. Most of the English I learnt has been through watching films, series and translating songs written (and of course, sang) in English. I enjoyed learning new words and structures and that is probably why I decided to go deeply in the English language and start my degree in English Studies at the Universitat de València. 

When I was in first year, my French oral skills were much better than the English ones and everything I tried to say in English came up in French. Since I was a bit “worried”, I decided I wanted to spend three weeks in a host family during that summer. I went to a little town next to London called St. Albans where I met new friends from all over the world and I had the opportunity to use English in a real context of communication for the first time. Moreover, in third year I went to London to study abroad as a part of an Erasmus program (that was so great!). 

Although I have already completed my degree, I will never stop studying languages, since I think it is a rewarding as well as necessary activity that will keep my mind active and open. If there is something all members of this group have in common, it is that we are passionate both about the English language and teaching, so let’s make the most of both!



Hi! My name is Raquel and I’m 22 years old. I am also studying the Master’s Degree in Secondary Education, since I want to be an English teacher in the future. I have previously studied English Studies, with a “minor” in German, as I love studying languages. I would like to know as many languages as possible because I strongly believe that you learn much more about a language apart from its grammar, vocabulary or syntax. For this reason, I would like to continue studying German and maybe enrolling in a course to study a different language like French or Italian.

Personally, studying English has given me a lot of positive aspects I had never imagined. I have discovered a new language, ways of communicating, different traditions, cultures and friends. I think I have been studying English during my entire life, first at school and in a language school and, afterwards, in high-school and at university. Moreover, I feel I am constantly learning something new about the English language. For this reason, I would like to become an English teacher and transmit my enthusiasm for the English language to my students, so that they can discover their interests and the things they love. 

Thus, I think that when you learn a language, there are always new aspects you can discover. For this reason, in the future I would like to spend some time abroad to enrich and improve my knowledge of English. Therefore, I consider that my experience with the English language has been quite positive, although I also believe that it could be even better!



Hi there! This is Celia Luis. I'm currently studying the Master's Degree in Secondary Education and that's why I'm a member of this blog. As the rest of my partners in this group, I am 22 years old and I love English. For this reason, I chose to study the Degree on English studies 5 years ago. I decided to start this Degree because, since I was little, I knew I wanted to become a teacher. What I didn't know is which language I was going to teach, because I also love Catalan and Spanish. Finally, I set my mind to English, and here I am!

Since I was very young, I have been attending to English classes in different language schools. You know, my mum was told English is the future. What she didn't know is that thanks to that, I am here right now. In a few words, I finished high school, and then I studied the Degree on English Studies at the University of Valencia where, by the way, I have been very happy during those 4 whole years. I met nine extraordinary girls whom I now consider my friends and I learnt so many things thanks to some teachers and the enthusiasm with which they were talking about their subjects that I could spend a whole day talking about it. Moreover, I spent the third year of my Degree in Sheffield, United Kingdom. That year really changed my life. I could get to know firsthand the English culture and met wonderful people from different cultures. Thus, I could open my mind and travel a lot and, without being aware of it, my level of English increased quite a lot.

Once those four years ended up, I started studying the Master's Degree in Secondary Education and I am right now writing this presentation from the teacher's room in the high school where I am doing my internship. I was scared at the beginning, but I am really happy when I am here and I am learning a lot when monitoring the English classes. Now, and more than ever, I know I want this profession to be the job for all my life.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario