domingo, 6 de mayo de 2018

RAQUEL'S LANGUAGE LEARNING EXPERIENCES

LANGUAGE BIOGRAPHY


MY LANGUAGE LEARNING AIMS

Since my childhood, I have always considered myself a kind of "language lover". For this reason, my main language learning aim is to continue learning new languages and improving the ones that I already know. In the case of English, since it is the language I will use for my future working experience, my aims are to reach a good level and to be able to transmit the love for the English language and culture to my future students.



MY LANGUAGE LEARNING HISTORY

During my life and my school years, I have studied different languages. My mother tongue is Catalan and, consequently, my learning of Catalan and Spanish has taken place simultaneously when I was a child. I also studied these languages at school and high-school, and I have reached now a C2 level certificate in Catalan. When I was 3 or 4 years old, I started to learn English at school and I continued studying it in primary and secondary education. During these years, I also attended English lessons in a language school in my town. When I finished high school, I decided to enrol in the Degree in English Studies, where I had the opportunity to improve my English. Thanks to this, I was able to obtain a C1 level certificate. Regarding other languages, I decided to study a minor in German during my degree in English Studies. Although I do not have an official certificate, I was able to discover a new language that offered me an opportunity to learn something new. Therefore, I would like to continue studying German next year to improve my skills and to try to be as proficient as possible.



MY MOST SIGNIFICANT LINGUISTIC AND INTERCULTURAL EXPERIENCES

My linguistic and intercultural experiences have been an opportunity for me to practice the language in a real context. Since Catalan and Spanish are languages I have practiced during my entire life, I am going to focus on English and German. To improve my English, I had the opportunity to travel to London, where I could use this language in a real English-speaking country, and I also had several linguistic tandems that allowed me to practice it with native speakers. I also try to watch series or listen to songs in English to practice this language in an ordinary way. When it comes to German, I travelled to Austria, where I could practice a bit of my German with an Austrian friend. However, I would like to travel again so that I could improve this language in a longer period of time.



MY CURRENT LANGUAGE PRIORITIES

Currently, my language learning priorities are based on being more fluent when talking in English, since I believe this is an element that we can constantly improve. Moreover, a second priority I also consider important is to increase my intercultural experiences in a foreign country.




DOSSIER


In this section, you would find all the certificates that prove a certain level in the different languages I have mentioned.



LANGUAGE PASSPORT





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario